This policy explains when and why we collect personal information about you, how this information is used, the conditions under which it may be disclosed to others, and how it is kept secure.
Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from Students in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Students enroll in a live or online Course, subscribe to a newsletter, and in connection with other activities, services, features, or resources we make available in our School. Students may visit the School anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Students only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Students can refuse to supply personal identification information but doing so may prevent them from engaging in certain School related activities.
How we use collected information
The School may collect and use Students’ personal identification information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service
- Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalize user experience
- We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Students as a group use the services and resources provided in our School.
- To send periodic emails
- We may use Student email addresses to send Students information and updates pertaining to their order. Student email addresses may also be used to respond to Student inquiries, questions, or other requests.
Credit/debit card payment processors
All payment information is handled using encrypted technology and our third party payment provider (Stripe) are compliant with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI-DSS). Where you make payment to us by credit or debit card we will use the payment card information only for the purpose of processing that specific transaction.
No credit or debit card details are stored by Financial Arena once your payment has been processed and the transaction is completed.
When you pay for any services over the telephone/internet, your credit/debit card payment is processed by a third party payment processor, who specializes in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions. If you have any questions regarding secure transactions, please contact us using the details at the end of this policy.
All information you provide to us for our use is stored on our secure servers which are located within the UK and the European Economic Area.
If we collect your personal information, the length of time we retain it is determined by a number of factors including the purpose for which we use that information and our obligations under other laws.
We do not retain personal information in an identifiable format for longer than is necessary.
We many need your personal information to establish, bring or defend legal claims. For this purpose, we will always retain your personal information for up to 7 years after the date it is no longer needed by us (retention times vary for different types of data) for any other purposes listed under ‘How we use your personal information’.
The only exceptions to this are where:
- the law requires us to hold your personal information for a longer period, or delete it sooner
- you exercise your right to have the information erased (where it applies) and we do not need to hold it in connection with any of the reasons permitted or required under the law (see further ‘Erasing your personal information or restricting its processing’)
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information under data protection law. In relation to certain rights, we may ask you for information to confirm your identity and, where applicable, to help us to search for your personal information. Except in rare cases, we will respond to you within 30 days after we have received this information or, where no action is required, after we have received your request.
1. Accessing your personal information
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information that we hold about you by emailing or writing to us at the address at the end of this policy. We may not provide you with a copy of your personal information if this concerns other individuals or we have another lawful reason to withhold that information.
2. Correcting and updating your personal information
The accuracy of your information is important to us.
If you change your name or address/email address, or you discover that any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, either correct it yourself by editing your profile on our web site(s), or please let us know by contacting us using any of the methods described at the end of this policy.
3. Withdrawing your consent
Where we rely on your consent as the legal basis for processing your personal information, as set out under ‘How we use your personal information’, you may withdraw your consent at any time by emailing [email protected]
If you would like to withdraw your consent to receiving any direct marketing to which you previously opted-in, you can do so using our Unsubscribe tool at the footer of any unwanted direct marketing received. If you withdraw your consent, our use of your personal information before you withdraw your consent is still lawful.
4. Objecting to our use of your personal information made about you
Where we rely on your legitimate business interests as the legal basis for processing your personal information for any purpose (s), as set out under How we use your personal information, you may object to us using your personal information for these purposes by emailing or writing to us at the address at the end of this policy. Except for the purposes for which we are sure we can continue to process your personal information, we will temporarily stop processing your personal information in line with your objection until we have investigated the matter. If we agree that your objection is justified in accordance with your rights under data protection laws, we will permanently stop using your data for those purposes. Otherwise we will provide you with our justification as to why we need to continue using your data.
You may object to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes and we will automatically comply with your request. If you would like to do so, please use our Unsubscribe tools.
You may also contest a decision made about you based on automated processing by emailing [email protected]
5. Erasing your personal information or restricting its processing
In certain circumstances, you may ask for your personal information to be removed from our systems by emailing or writing to us at the address at the end of this policy. Provided we do not have any continuing lawful reason to continue processing or holding your personal information, we will make reasonable efforts to comply with your request.
You may also ask us to restrict processing your personal information where you believe it is unlawful for us to do so, you have objected to its use and our investigation is pending or you require us to keep it in connection with legal proceedings. We may only process your personal information whilst its processing is restricted if we have your consent or are legally permitted to do so, for example for storage purposes, to protect the rights of another individual or company or in connection with legal proceedings.
6. Transferring your personal information in a structured data file
Where we rely on your consent as the legal basis for processing your personal information or need to process it in connection with your contract, as set out under ‘How we use your personal information’, you may ask us to provide you with a copy of that information in a structured data file. We will provide this to you electronically in a structured, commonly used and machine readable form, such as a CSV file or other applicable format.
You can ask us to send your personal information directly to another service provider, and we will do so if this is technically possible. We may not provide you with a copy of your personal information if this concerns other individuals or we have another lawful reason to withhold that information.
7. Complaining to the UK data protection regulator
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if you are concerned about the way we have processed your personal information. Please visit the ICO’s website for further details.
Security measures we put in place to protect your personal information
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our website and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal information, we put in place reasonable and appropriate controls to ensure that it remains secure against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, or unauthorised access.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data.
Where we have given (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access any of our online or electronic resources, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Use of ‘cookies’
It is possible to switch off cookies by setting your browser preferences.
You will only receive direct marketing information from Financial Arena if you indicate to us a preference (“opt-in”) to do so. You will be invited to complete a client consent/opt-in process by email or tick box as a result of any of the following:
- Your becoming a client of Financial Arena;
- Your attendance at an event or seminar hosted, or co-hosted, by or with Financial Arena.
- You providing a business card directly to an employee of Financial Arena at (for example) a trade or networking/business event;
- You’re registering your brief contact details in order to obtain information or free downloads from a Financial Arena website;
- An email request from you to attend an event we have advertised via social media or on our website or via a third party
- Your attendance at a ‘public’ event organized or co-hosted by Financial Arena that has been promoted via social media or other advertisements
- We may contact you in response to an article or social media promotion that you have carried out
- We will never share your data with third-party partners for their own marketing uses, though we may use service providers to assist us with our own marketing
- We do not rely on your consent indefinitely. You will receive an email from us periodically, where you will be asked to re-confirm your consent and preferences for financial topics and disciplines to ensure the data we hold about your preferences, and your contact details, are current and accurate.
- You have the right to opt out of our use of your personal information to provide marketing to any of the ways mentioned above, and/or manage your preferences. Please see ‘Withdrawing your consent and objecting to our use of your personal information and automated decisions made about you’ above for further details on how you can do this.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Student personal identification information to others.
Third party websites
Student may find advertising or other content in our School that link to the websites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these websites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our School. In addition, these websites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. This policy does not apply to those other websites and Apps, so we encourage you to read their privacy statements.. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Student, is subject to that website's own terms and policies.
We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other websites and Apps even if you access them using links that we provide, and their security cannot be guaranteed
In addition, if you linked to our website from a third party website, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third party website and recommend that you check the policy of that third party website.
Your acceptance of these terms
Please direct any queries about this policy or about the way we process your personal information to our [email protected] using our contact details below: